Re: keyboard / debugging different in Octave 3.2 from 3.0?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: keyboard / debugging different in Octave 3.2 from 3.0?
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 10:16:06 -0400

On Jun 27, 2009, at 2:57 AM, Matthias Brennwald wrote:

Dear all

I discovered that the keyboard command does not work the same in 3.2
as it did in 3.0. For example, if I put the follwowing into an m file
an run it with 3.2.0 (on a Mac), Octave will stop at the keyboard
command and return to the prompt, but it won't know about x1, x2 or s:

----------------
1;

function s = sumthat (x1,x2)
s = x1 + x2;
keyboard
endfunction

x = 1;
y = 2;
z = sumthat (x,y);
----------------

Is this expected behaviour? How can I change it?

Matthias

For octave-3.2 pulled and built on June 22, I get

octave:1> function s = sumthat (x1,x2)
> s = x1 + x2;
> keyboard
> endfunction
octave:2>
octave:2> x = 1;
octave:3> y = 2;
octave:4> z = sumthat (x,y);
keyboard: stopped in sumthat
debug> x1
x1 =  1
debug> x2
x2 =  2
debug> s
s =  3
debug> dbcont

I'm also running Mac OSX. I'll pull and build the most recent 3.2 sources check those as well.

Ben