Help Installing Control Tool Box for Windows Vista

From: John J. Kelly
Subject: Help Installing Control Tool Box for Windows Vista
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 01:10:49 -0400

Hi,

I just installed Octave 3.2.0 and I'm running Windows Vista. I dowloaded the Control Toolbox package named: control-1.0.11.tar.tar

However, I was informed (perhaps incorrectly) that Windows cannot handle *.tar.tar files properly & that I should change the second extension to 'gz':
control-1.0.11.tar.gz

Next, I attempted to install the package by entering the following command in Octave:

pkg install control-1.0.11.tar.gz

The result was the following error:

"error: memory exhausted or requested size too large for range of Octave's index type--trying to return to prompt"

I have over 90 GB free on my hard drive and about 1 GB of available RAM, so I'm inclined to think that neither are the problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

John