A note for Octave/Windows – MinGW packages on the Octave Forge si

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: A note for Octave/Windows – MinGW packages on the Octave Forge site
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 12:36:25 +0900 (JST)

Hello

This post is just a memo for Octave/Windows – MinGW packages on the
Octave Forge site.

Many inquiries for the Octave/Windows – MinGW packages on the Octave
Forge web site have been
carried out recently.

Top page : http://octave.sourceforge.net/
Download page : http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/

Just after brown color box in the top page of the Octave Forge web site, you
will find
If you have questions regarding software downloaded from Octave-Forge, send a
message to the
repository mailing list.

The term ‘repository mailing list’ is underlined and it is a link to the
‘repository mailing list
’. The email address of the list is address@hidden ’

Therefore in principle, questions intrinsic to ‘Octave/Windows – MinGW
packages’ are
recommended asked at the
‘repository mailing list’: address@hidden

Of course, questions and bug reports are not intrinsic to the‘Octave/Windows
– MinGW packages
are to be asked at address@hidden (address@hidden) and address@hidden
(address@hidden), respectively.

However, it is very hard from a users point of view to determine when a problem
relates to the
packaging of Octave or when it is an integral problem of Octave as pointed out
by Soren Hauberg.
Therefore I would like to ask a questioner that an issue intrinsic to
‘Octave/Windows – MinGW packages’ is recommended asked at address@hidden
’ from the next time.

BTW.  I will note the octave/Window packages by Microsoft VC++.
The packages are removed from the Octave Forge site at Apr 21, 2009 form
license issue
Please see

http://www.nabble.com/No-symbolic-package-in-future-(Windows-VC%2B%2B)-releases-td23135095i20.html#a23151497

So current available octave binaries are only Octave/Windows – MinGW
packages.  The jhandle
graphic backend is not included in the packages.  It is theoretically possible
to in stall jhandle
octave-forge package into the current octave distributed.  However I think that
it is hard work.
Please see

http://www.nabble.com/Re:-Fwd:-Octave-3.2.0-backend-on-MS-Vista-p24609365.html
and