'no matching function' error on AIX 5.3

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: 'no matching function' error on AIX 5.3
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:32:54 -0400

In the message you quote, I said:

| Apparently configure did not define CXX_ISO_COMPLIANT_LIBRARY on your
| system, even though it probably should have if you are using g++
| 3.0.x.
|
| Can you find out why it failed to define this macro, or at least send
| me the relevant parts of config.log?

Was there ever a follow-up to that message?  It is difficult for me to
fix problems if I don't understand what is causing them.  Or perhaps
this is really some different problem now?

Assuming the problem is the same, then:

If you also just want a quick fix for yourself then you could try
editing the generated config.h file so that it defines
CXX_ISO_COMPLIANT_LIBRARY.

If you'd like to try to help actually fix this problem for everyone,
then can you examine the config.log file and try to determine why
CXX_ISO_COMPLIANT_LIBRARY is not defined on your system when it seems
it should if you are using GCC 4.3.3.

jwe