make check results of sparse\svds.m and ATLAS

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: make check results of sparse\svds.m and ATLAS
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:46:06 +0900 (JST)

Hello

I have sometimes encountered the following results for sparse\svds.m test in
make check.

The element seems to be shifted by one

  ***** testif HAVE_ARPACK
 [u2,s2,v2,flag] = svds(a,k,0);
 s2 = diag(s2);
 assert(flag,!1);
 assert(s(k:-1:1), s2, 1e-10);
!!!!! test failed
assert (s (k:-1:1),s2,1e-10) expected
   38.060
   38.060
   38.034
   38.034
   38.015
   38.015
   38.004
but got
   38.060
   38.034
   38.034
   38.015
   38.015
   38.004
   38.004

************************
   38.060
   38.060       38.060
   38.034       38.034
   38.034       38.034
   38.015       38.015
   38.015       38.015
   38.004       38.004
                38.004
*************************

This error depend on the ATLAS libraries used.

The ATLAS libraries are produced on cygwin and I used them for octave building
on MinGW + Msys.

If I use reference blas this error does not occuer.
I at the moment carried out systematic experiments so that I do not know why
this happens at the
moment.  But I report here as a reference.

If there are suggestion, they are welcome!!

Regards

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/