bode not working: sys undefined

From: Uwe Dippel
Subject: bode not working: sys undefined
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 12:00:14 +0800

(I don't seem to be all too lucky with my efforts on octave.  :(  )

I tried one example (rather simple) from
https://prof.hti.bfh.ch/sha1/Octave/index/f/bode.html
a basic Bode diagram.

This is what I get:

bode(sys,[],"y_3", {"u_1","u_4"});
error: `sys' undefined near line 3 column 6
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating argument list element number 1

Google didn't help. Since I am still a newbie, I might missing some initial setup, have to do some basic reading. Please tell me where and what. I am on 3.2.2 as recommended. By the way, we did create some data structure as indicated in that site, but it resulted in other, different, errors. Matlab has no 'sys' there in the syntax.
Octave seems to be not all too compatible after all?

Let's start with this bode problem, though, please!

Uwe