Installing Octave

From: Norma Angélica Serrano De Ita
Subject: Installing Octave
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 18:11:53 -0600

Hi,

My name is Norma Angélica, I am from México.
Now, I am trying to install Octave on the Suse 12.0 Operating System; for this I am executing the command ./configure and I get the following errors:

address@hidden:~/Norma/octave-3.2.3> ./configure
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl.exe... no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.

Could you give me and idea about why I get this ERRORs? o could you tell me where can I get the binaries for Octave for SUSE LINUX from?

Thanks in advance for your kindly response.

Regards
Norma

Bing: Ahorra tiempo y clics cuando buscas en Internet