Re: Strange extra line when plotting

From: Nighteye
Subject: Re: Strange extra line when plotting
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:28:22 -0800 (PST)

John W. Eaton-3 wrote:

> On  8-Dec-2009, Nighteye wrote:
>
> | Here is the graph
> |
> http://s469.photobucket.com/albums/rr51/Joza90/?action=view&current=octaveline.jpg
> |
> | And here is the code (quite simple):
> |
> | A=load("-ascii","dataout.txt);
> | q=A(:,1);
> | P=A(:,2);
> | loglog(q,P);
> |
> | Data seems ok to me (I guess I should not post it as it is quite long)
> so I
> | wonder what im doing wrong..
> |
> | I tried restarting octave already. I've got Octave-3.2.2
> |
> | And I didnt post a bug report because I don't think this is a bug. It
> must
> | be me doing something wrong.
>
> Hwo about reducing the size of the data set?  If you do that, do you
> still have a problem?  It seems that since the middle  of the set of
> numbers appears to be plotted correctly, that the problem lies with
> the values at the end.
>
> Unless you provide enough information so that other people can
> duplicate your problem, it's rather difficult for people to help or to
> fix the problem.
>
> jwe

Thanks for advice. Removing the last point helped. Also duplicating it
helped. I cannot really understand why.

The last lines in the data file were
0.380000 0.004405
0.382000 0.003546
0.384000 0.004526
0.386000 0.004494
0.388000 0.003300
0.390000 0.003009
0.392000 0.003911
0.394000 0.003421
0.396000 0.003280
0.398000 0.004289

So I see nothing special there. It didnt matter if there was an empty line
or not in the end.

Sorry for not giving enough information, but I really didnt know what to
tell, as there really wasnt anything to tell.

Well, I'm glad it started working. Hopefully that helps again if the same
thing happens.