Re: fortran example "fortsub" in the manual

From: Stefan Pofahl
Subject: Re: fortran example "fortsub" in the manual
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:54:47 +0100

Hello Przemek,

the error occurs on the line above.
And in F77-notation the position of continuation
symbol is column 6 and it can be also another
character like [1-9,a-z].

To be honest, I do not understand the code.
I'm used to F77, and F77 expects as UNIT
argument an INTEGER.
And I don't understand the C++ wrapper
in the manual.

To be more simple I tried my own example:
***
     subroutine foo (X, Y, Z)
     implicit none
     real*8 X, Y, Z
     Z = X * Y
     return
     END
###
I can compile it, but I don't know how to treat it
under octave, I copied the file to a directory in "PATH", e.g.:

C:\Programme\Octave\3.2.2_gcc-4.3.0\libexec\octave\3.2.2\oct\i686-pc-mingw32

but I can not use it :-(

The error message is:
***
error: `foo' undefined near line 3 column 1
###

Maybe I don't understand the C++ wrapper code and how to
use it.

Is it necessary to install beside the fortran compiler a gcc-Compiler?

Regards,

Stefan

---