difficulty installing packages

From: humanengr
Subject: difficulty installing packages
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 11:53:52 -0800

I'm having problems installing odepkg 0.6.7 for Octave 3.2.3 on a MacBook Intel Core Duo running Mac OS 10.5.8.

The steps I used are:

   1. Download the tar.gz to my Downloads directory.
   2. Launch Octave.app from the Applications folder on the desktop.
   3. Octave.app launches a UNIX terminal window in which Octave is initiated.
4. From the Octave prompt cd to my Downloads directory where the tar.gz resides.
   5. Enter the command, pkg install <package>.tar.gz, to install the package.

Installing odepkg generates a number of errors of the form:

/var/folders/Qo/QooORVOPFyOq4GbjvLBkWk+++TI/-Tmp-//ccutYpWQ.s:21942:indirect jmp without `*'

followed by:

warning: gen_doc_cache: unusable help text in 'dldsolver'. Ignoring function.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a work-around needed to install this package?

Thanks,
humanengr