Re: Resetting the comment character(s)...in Notepad++ for Windows Vista

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: Resetting the comment character(s)...in Notepad++ for Windows Vista
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 14:13:03 +0100

Tim Rueth wrote:
I, too, would like to be able to have the block comment character be # instead of %. I'm on Windows Vista, and when I edit a .m file in Octave, it brings up Notepad++, but I don't know how to change the comment character.

Apparently notepad++ does not support matlab/octave block comments at all.
See notepad++'s filed bug SF # 2906082

It seems that block comments for matlab/octave are not supported by scintilla (the underlying engine).
So sorry, can't offer you a solution for notepad++.
You can switch to a different text editor, though.

benjamin