Re: importdata

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: importdata
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:40:39 -0700

ons, 21 04 2010 kl. 07:05 -0800, skrev mallet:
> I want to import a file like this one in the way of «importdata» from
> Matlab:
>
> A ;B ;C
> 1 ;2 ;3
> 4 ;5 ;
>
> so i wrote the function below (some parts are from Matlab).

What do you mean, "some parts are from Matlab"? Have you used code
developed by Mathworks?

> There’ s the snag: some values are missing in files and the way i found
> (using dlmread) replace it by 0. Or in the Matlab it would be replaced by
> NaN.

I don't know 'dlmread' (i.e. I don't use it), so I'll just ask the
stupid question: if the Octave implementation of 'dlmread' has to be
Matlab-compatible does it need to be changed?

>  I tryed using textread with option «'emptyvalue', NaN»
> but it neither do work .

Could you come up with an example (i.e. including simple data and
code) ? Also, what version of Octave are you using and where did you get
'textread' from (the 'io' package?) ?

Søren

P.S. Assuming you did not use any code from Mathworks, would you be
interested in finishing the implementation of 'importdata' and
publishing it for inclusion in the 'io' package?