Re: The new Octave 3.2.4 MinGW32 and gnuplot issues

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: The new Octave 3.2.4 MinGW32 and gnuplot issues
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:37:42 -0700

tor, 22 04 2010 kl. 16:26 -0400, skrev John W. Eaton:
> On 16-Apr-2010, S ren Hauberg wrote:
>
> | P.S. In longer terms, I think it would be best if 'oct2mat' did not add
> | functions to the path that overwrite standard Octave functions. The
> | functions are in the package to help Matlab users, but they cause big
> | problems for Octave users.
>
> I'm wondering why oct2mat is a part of Octave Forge at all, as it does
> not seem to me to be an enhancement for Octave.  Or is Octave Forge
> now the place to develop tools for improving Matlab?

I think it is part of Octave-Forge because many Octave users have to
collaborate with Matlab users. So, when you send code to Matlab users it
is nice to have some tools to help ensure that the code runs in Matlab.
Personally, I do not have this issue (I just tell people to use Octave
if they want to use my code), but not everybody is in this situation.

Søren