Re: Octave vs. Matlab legal matters [was: Re: spline with NaNs]

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave vs. Matlab legal matters [was: Re: spline with NaNs]
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 16:33:39 -0400

On Tuesday, May 25, 2010, at 03:38PM, "Judd Storrs" <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Judd Storrs <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> You are not a lawyer and you cannot offer clarity. Sorry.
>>
>> Well, not really. But saying that nobody but lawyers can understand
>> laws is like saying that maths can only be understood by
>> mathematicians :)
>
>Physics would be a more natural analogy rather than an entirely
>artificial construct such as math.

hmmm ... my experience in IP is that the rhetoric is about as objective as
religion.

There may be an ultimate and objective truth, but nobody will agree upon it.

IP battles are often more about financial resources than what is just and
proper.  It is prudent to be cautious and avoid becoming engaged in such
conflicts.

Ben