RE: Creating "Pretty" Report from Octave

From: Ian Journeaux
Subject: RE: Creating "Pretty" Report from Octave
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 08:28:41 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaroslav Hajek [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 1:00 AM
To: Ian Journeaux
Cc: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso; address@hidden

2010/6/7 Ian Journeaux <address@hidden>:
> [...]

<< clipped code>>

>I suggest you read a LaTeX tutorial if you're a novice. It takes time
>to learn, but pays off a hundred times if you're into this sort of
>work. Imagine the nightmare of automatic creation of Word or Excel
>documents (yes, I used to do that, too, and I loved LaTeX ever since).

I am a absolute noob with both Octave and LaTeX. I just need to get the
results of the Octave analysis into a printed report. LaTeX may be the
answer but it is a very different paradigm than I am use to so, as you
indicate the learning curve may be high. I am not sure I would have use
beyond this project. I do appreciate the insight though.