Re: Maxima locating in noisy data

From: macy
Subject: Re: Maxima locating in noisy data
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 07:31:16 -0700

1. If you filter the signal, you will need to 'shift' the peak back to its
proper location.

2. If you know the shape of what should be there, use correlation funtion
and walk it along the signal.  At least, you'll include all the energy and
the peak will be in the right place

3. post the question at the math group:
sci.math
they're very helpful, albeit the answer sometimes is like drinking from a
firehose.