Re: octave video/avi crashes - anybody have similar experience?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: octave video/avi crashes - anybody have similar experience?
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 21:21:12 -0500

2010/8/1 Kenneth Johnson <address@hidden>

> THe OS is windows 7.

For some reason, I didn't really assimilate the possiblity that you
were using Windows. I'm afraid I know almost nothing about Windows. I
believe Tatsuro has been doing Windows releases, but I'm not certain.
I imagine the Windows version must ship some sort of version of ffmpeg
if the video package works, so the problem is most likely an
unfortunate interplay between the Octave code and the ffmpeg code.

> A second symptom [...]

It is folly to try to diagnose nasal demons without at least a stack
trace. I will thus refrain from doing so until hard data is available.

> I've got to think about becoming a developer again.............

It may well be the fastest way to solve this problem. I may end up
solving different problems if I attempt to do so in my cozy Debian
environment.