Re: Catching up to Matlab

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Catching up to Matlab
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 06:06:44 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Mon, 11/1/10, Judd Storrs <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: Judd Storrs <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: Catching up to Matlab
> To: "Sergei Steshenko" <address@hidden>
> Cc: "Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso" <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> Date: Monday, November 1, 2010, 9:00 AM
> 2010/11/1 Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden>:
> > so from Octave documentation how do I at all know in
> the first place
> > that 'set' exists in Matlab ?

[snip]

> Frankly, you've demonstrated how easy it already is to
> compare
> octave's documentation to Matlab's. Who's time are you
> volunteering
> for this Yours?
>

> --judd

I am seriously considering volunteering, but _my_ way. The idea is
trivially simple:

to modify 'octave' built-in 'help' function in a manner it will in
addition to displaying 'octave' built-in documentation will display
the corresponding Matlab documentation by invoking WEB browser with
URL pointing to Matlab documentation of the same function.

If I do this, I'll release the code under GPL - as the original one of
built-in 'help' function.

Regards,
  Sergei.