Re: compile question

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: compile question
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 10:08:01 -0500

On Nov 20, 2010, at 12:27 AM, Kelvin McCollough wrote:

> IMPORTANT CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> This message and any attached documents contain information from ViXS
> Systems, Inc. and are confidential and privileged and further subject to any
> confidentiality agreement between the parties. The information is intended to
> be viewed only by the individual(s) or entity(ies) to whom the message is
> addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that reading,
> disclosing, copying, distributing or using the contents of this transmission
> is prohibited. Please notify us immediately if you have received this
> transmission in error, and delete this message along with any attached files.

Kevin, a quick heads-up.

There is nothing confidential or privileged about the Octave mail list.

Please be aware that mail-lists are automatically copied, transmitted, and
distributed globally. For example ...

        http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/compile-question-td3051295.html

Although I very skeptical any court would conclude the above text places any
legal burden on the receiving parties (as they have not agreed to the terms), I
hesitate to respond to the content of your email as it may expose a society of
volunteers to the legal hassle of defending themselves.

Others may feel differently, but I kindly ask you don't include such
postscripts when communicating to mail lists.

Ben

IMPORTANT QUALIFICATION
Nothing in this message is intended to communicate an acceptance of the terms
expressed, or implied, by ViXS Systems' notice seen above, and at the end of
your email.