Plot on a figure generated with imagesc()

From: José Luis García Pallero
Subject: Plot on a figure generated with imagesc()
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 18:13:27 +0100

Hello,
I have a digital elevation model as a matrix that I plot via imagesc()
function. Later I need to plot some coastlines on the previous plot.
As the axis of coordinates generated with imagesc() account for the
pixel index I don't know how can I plot the coastline without
transform the coordinates to the limits defines by the rows and
columns of the image. Exists any function to plot with imagesc and
produce a "referenced" (other coordinates different of the rows and
columns) image?

Thanks

José Luis García Pallero
address@hidden