Re: testing binary of octave-3.3.91 (mingw32) is uploaded

From: fork
Subject: Re: testing binary of octave-3.3.91 (mingw32) is uploaded
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 19:08:26 +0000 (UTC)

Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant <at> yahoo.co.jp> writes:

> To be honest, I cannot understand what is a problem for command line history.
> Please show me more detailed example that you think as a problem.

Let's say you type the following sequence, hitting return after each line:

y=2
z=3
x=add(y,z)

In matlab and stable octave you then can type the single character "y" and press
the up arrow and you will get "y=3".  In your build of octave if you press the
up arrow you get "x=add(y,z)", ignoring the hint given by the "y" character (it
is sort of like incremental search, limiting the search backward to options with
the given prefix).

> I also cannot understand meaning of 'a way print'.
> Does it mean print command?

Yes, the print command.  I wouldn't mind trying to set up ghostscript etc, but I
am not sure the best way.

> Sorry I'm not good at English so please explain in detail using examples.

I hope that works -- let me know if not.  I am very appreciative of the work you
do for us all.

Best