Re: Compiling Octave for Mac OSX 1.6.x

From: michaeldzjap
Subject: Re: Compiling Octave for Mac OSX 1.6.x
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 14:48:02 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your response, I will try the gfortran from the link you
suggested.

As far as all the steps I have undertaken to build Octave, I basically
followed all the steps as outlined on
http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?OctaveForMac exactly (including the
extensions part), except for:

- Instead of adding this line to my .profile file: export
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/i386-darwin
  I modified it to: export
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/texlive/2010/bin/i386-darwin (not sure if this is
correct
  though)
- I followed all instructions for building SuiteSparse from the same link
above, except instead of
  executing 'make cx' I executed 'sudo make install' Come to think of it, I
am not sure if I did: export
  LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -lmetis" (do I have to add this to my .profile file as
well? I guess I just have to
  execute it after the make install command has finished...)

The Octave source I used is version 3.4.0 obtained from
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/download.html