Re: filter.oct

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: filter.oct
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:32:57 +0000

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Hillel Rosensweig <address@hidden> wrote:

> HI, I'm long time user, first time writer,
>
> I've been trying to implement the Octave 'filtert.oct' function in C.
> i built a function - 'filter.c' based on the information given in the online
> octave manual.
> the problem is that my code is relatively slow.
>
> I noticed that the actual function is a 'built-in' octave function and as
> such I cannot review the code it runs. As i understand it, the
> octave code is optimized beyond the naive algorithm and I was wondering
> whether the algorithm used is available
> for reading anywhere .
>
> in other words - how did you guys do it?
>
> thanks

(I was trying to find source for builtins myself, recently.)
filter.oct is compiled c++. The source for the current dev version can
be seen here

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/070214996fba/src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/filter.cc

Not much of the actual code has changed recently.

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/log/070214996fba/src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/filter.cc

--
/* andy buckle */