Plot Does Not Work

From: Alan Morris
Subject: Plot Does Not Work
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 08:05:19 -0600

Hi,

I recently installed Octave on my MacBook Pro, OS X Snow Leopard.  The first time I tried to plot data I got the following result:

octave-3.2.3:6> plot(x,y)
sh: gnuplot: command not found
error: popen2 (child): unable to start process -- No such file or directory
error: you must have gnuplot installed to display graphics; if you have gnuplot installed in a non-standard location, see the 'gnuplot_binary' function
octave-3.2.3:7> error: called from:
error:   /Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/share/octave/3.2.3/m/plot/__gnuplot_open_stream__.m at line 28, column 44
error:   /Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/share/octave/3.2.3/m/plot/gnuplot_drawnow.m at line 85, column 19

Is gnuplot installed separately?  If so, where can I find it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan Morris
address@hidden