Re: FMT in Polar function

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: FMT in Polar function
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 12:51:59 +0000

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 12:40 PM, dirac <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, I have been looking for a while how to use the FMT section in the
> Polar(theta, rho, FMT) function. I'm running octave on my Macbook.
>
> Basically I am trying to use points rather than lines in the plot; so typing
> Polar(theta, rho, 'o'). How do I make the points smaller as Polar(theta,
> rho, 'o','markersize',1) doesn't work...Am I missing something or is the
> polar function different to the plot function?

looks like polar is limited compared to plot.

plot([0 1],[0 1],'marker','o','markersize',1) % OK

polar([0 1],[0 1],'marker','o','markersize',1)
% error: Invalid call to polar.  Correct usage is: -- Function File:
polar (THETA, RHO, FMT)

You can do this to get around it

h=polar([0 1],[0 1],'o');
set(h,'markersize',1)