csvwrite text

From: senator
Subject: csvwrite text
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 06:51:57 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to use csvwrite and i have it working for writing a matrix of
numbers. However, I need to output a field of text on the first row and then
write the matrix of numbers from the second row on. So right now I am trying
to csvwrite text into the first couple columns of the top row. I found that
if I use these brackets [...]  I can get all the text to write, but Octave
will put one letter in each cell of the top row rather than what I put in
'....' per cell. I have tried many different combinations, but no luck so
far.

is there a way I can do something like this:
a={'time','day','temp'}
csvwrite('myfile.csv',a);

if I can do the above my plan is then to csvwrite my matrix of numbers
starting on row 2.
Can someone advise me the best course of action?

Also, this is what sourceforge.net says for csvwrite:

Function File: x = csvwrite (filename, x)
Write the matrix x to a file.
This function is equivalent to
          dlmwrite (filename, x, ",", ...)
See also: dlmread dlmwrite csvread

I also typed help csvwrite in the command window and this it gives me the
same info, is there somewhere I can get more detailed descriptions of Octave
functions?

sorry for long message.. thanks a lot!