connect Octave to Fantom Driver library on Windows?

From: Michele Chabot
Subject: connect Octave to Fantom Driver library on Windows?
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 14:16:52 -0400

Hello,
I would like to operate my Lego NXT robot using Octave and the Fantom Driver library (http://mindstorms.lego.com/en-us/support/files/Driver.aspx) on Windows.

RWTH (http://www.mindstorms.rwth-aachen.de/) (GPL) does this already with MatLab in place of Octave, but it relies on MatLab features not available in Octave (calllib) to access the Fantom library.

To accesses the fantom driver from Octave using OCT files, I could create .cc wrapper files to link with the fantom library, but since fantom supplies only Microsoft-compatible (header,lib and dll) files for windows, I assume this would not work.

Is there a way control my NXT robot using the binary version of Octave for Windows?
Thanks,
 Michele