Re: Concurrent Octave installations and mkoctfile

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Concurrent Octave installations and mkoctfile
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 22:49:12 -0500

2011/4/21 Ben Abbott <address@hidden>:
> On Apr 21, 2011, at 9:44 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>
>> Can I have a recommendation on how to have two separate Octave
>> installations and easily use mkoctfile for both of them?
>
> I haven't tried, but have been giving some thought to attempting to
> create a run-mkoctfile that mirrors the way run-octave works.
>
> Is there a reason that won't work?

At first I thought this sounded like a great idea and was about to
implement it, but then I thought a bit more... what about running that
oct file afterwards? When you create it and link it, should its rpath
point to the libraries inside the Octave build directory or the
install directory or both? Would you need to make sure that
run-mkoctfile from the build dir gives priority to the include and
linking paths of the build and install directories?

Maybe these questions have easy answers, maybe they don't. What do you
think?

- Jordi G. H.