plotting output from countourc calls

From: G B
Subject: plotting output from countourc calls
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 20:20:38 -0700 (PDT)

How do I plot the contours returned by contourc?

I've recently stumbled upon pararrayfun from the octave-forge general
package, which is a very beautiful thing.  I've been busy parallelizing
stuff trying to use the full capabilities of a modern Mac Pro.  So far so
good.

What I can't parallelize, is plotting.  Unsurprisingly, pararrayfun doesn't
seem to like calls to gnuplot.  This is unfortunate though because after a
lengthy analysis run, my script takes even longer to plot a series of
contour plots, each involving a number of overlapping contours.

It occurred to me that I could probably speed things up by running all of
the calls through contourc in parallel (I suspect that's the slow part
anyway), and then plot all of the results serially.

I just can't figure out how to make use of the contourc output.

Thanks