Re: Xoctave console trying to parse input() function prompt script in ad

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Xoctave console trying to parse input() function prompt script in addition to actual user input
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 18:04:09 -0500

On 23 May 2011 13:01, Jeff Schuss <address@hidden> wrote:
> It seems as if the console is trying to parse the output of the previous
> command (i.e., trying to parse the whole line, including the prompt text).

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why using pipes to implement an
Octave GUI is not smart.

We're working on a frontend properly integrated with Octave. I suggest
you wait for it or you help us do it. It's currently located here, but
you will have to build it yourself:

     https://bitbucket.org/jordigh/gnu-octave

In the meantime, I suggest using Octave without a GUI. It's better
than using a broken one.

Sorry,
- Jordi G. H.