help with histogram

From: plazajp
Subject: help with histogram
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 04:07:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone, I'm new using Octave and I have a problem. Maybe it's easy to
solve, but I've been unable to do it!

 I need to show the histogram of an uint8 image ('im'), but octave only
allows me to show it if the image type is changed to double. I don't want
that, because I want every bin to be on the vector 1:256, not between 0 and
1. I've tried to do imhist (im), imhist(im, 1:256), and everything I've
thought of and I haven't been able to get it. I suppose there has to be a
way to do it, so I guess someone will be able to tell me where I'm failing.

Thank you for the attention, and I hope someone can tell me the answer!