Re: "warning: no graphical display found"?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: "warning: no graphical display found"?
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 11:14:14 -0400

On Sep 2, 2011, at 10:35 AM, Liam Groener wrote:

> On Sep 2, 2011, at 7:28 AM, Alasdair McAndrew <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I've just downloaded and compiled Octave 3.4.2 (Ubuntu).  I have gnuplot
>> installed, so I can make plots, but the "plot" command returns "warning: no
>> graphical display found".  How do I overcome this - does Octave require
>> something which I neglected to compile in?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alasdair
> I get that message starting up in Mac OS X too; I just ignore it.

On MacOS this occurs when configure is run with "--without-x
--without-framework-carbon".

There shouldn't be a problem with that unless you try something like ...

        set (gcf, 'units', 'normalized')

... which I noticed doesn't work for me on MacOS with "--with-x" enabled. I'll
file a bug report after I run some more tests.

Ben