Re: oct (and mex) files for different architectures

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: oct (and mex) files for different architectures
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 16:25:02 +0100

 On 12/09/2011 15:35, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> 2011/9/12 Richard Crozier <address@hidden>:
>> OK, but won't the main difference in performance be the difference
>> between code compiler optimised for 64bit and 32 bit? I would actually
>> like to know this.
> I find it not a good idea to encode too much information in the
> filename extension (that's how those mypic.jpg.exe trojans spread back
> then, perhaps still do). That information as to what executable format
> the file is in can be best obtained from reading the file itself, e.g.
> by running file(1) on the file.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

Ok, I'll maybe just consider creating one directory for binaries for
each platform and move all that platform's binaries in there after
compilation.

It'll be a bit of extra work to get everything working automatically,
but I suppose that's just the way it is.

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.