Classdef Support

From: Chris Spencer
Subject: Classdef Support
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 11:50:13 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to use Octave 3.2 under Ubuntu 10.04 to run some
image-processing related Matlab code
(http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lbourdev/poselets/).

Specifically, I tried running "octave demo_poselets.m". It seemed to
run well at first, until it encountered the error:

Detecting poselets... parse error near line 20 of file
/tmp/poselets/code/poselet_detection/hit_list.m

  syntax error

>>>     end
      ^

That line is inside a classdef statement. I researched Octave's
support for classdef:

http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?MissingMatlabFunctions
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/classdef-support-for-octave-td1651758.html

and while it looks like there have been proposed solutions, and even
code, for adding classdef support back in 2008, current Octave still
might not support it. Is this correct? Is there any potential
workarounds?

Regards,
Chris