Re: terminal type dumb

From: nitnit
Subject: Re: terminal type dumb
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 12:17:09 -0700 (PDT)

Jack Tanner wrote:

> Sorry if this has been documented, but I can't find the answer.
>
> Using the Octave-3.4.2-mingw build by Nitzan Arazi, how can I get access
> to the Octave manual? The doc command complains info: Terminal type
> `dumb' is not smart enough to run Info. I don't care if I'm using info
> or not; I'd be fine with a command that tells my web browser to open an
> HTML version of the manual, for example.

Recent packaged octave version octave3.4.3 (see sec 1.3 of
http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?OctaveForWindows) includes all the
documentation in both html and pdf formats.

The docs are located in the doc\octave subit of the tree.

Previous packaged (7z) version 3.4.2 didn't include these docs, but you can
download them as separate zip archives (octave-3.4.2.pdf.zip,
octave-3.4.2.html.zip) from Tatsuros site in
http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/.

Nitzan