C++ libraries - libpgxx and postgresql

From: Anonymous Remailer (austria)
Subject: C++ libraries - libpgxx and postgresql
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 14:57:52 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I may need to put together some code to read from
a postgresql database for processing by octave.

I found an example for mysql (mysql.cpp) though
none for postgresql. That suggests that while there
may be some application that finds connection to
a database as the best way of working, there is
an easier or better way.

So, before investing time and effort, a couple of
questions:
A) Is there a better way of reading and writing
stored information to octave that does not use files.

B) Is a library already in existence for
exchanging data with a postgresql database?

TIA
Richard