adminstration of multipackage

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: adminstration of multipackage
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 14:17:36 +0100

Hi,

I took the freedom to call mutlipackage to Octave-Forge packages that
have the following strcuture

package/inst/subpkg1
package/inst/subpkg2
package/inst/subpkg3

and for each subpackage:
1. All mfiles to be installed are in package/inst/subpkg
2. Private files are in package/inst/subpkg/private
3. All files to be compiled are in package/inst/subpkg/src

So far it is working for main/geometry and main/mechanics using
modified versions of the installing ad removing scripts of /extra/ocs
(pointed out by C. deFalco). The only difficulty I am facing now is to
correctly handle the multiple Makefiles that can be found in src.

The solution I foresee is to provide a Makefile in the main folder
package/ that just links to the other Makefiles.

a. Should this Makefile be modiefied by pre_install.m to add the
subpackages with src folder or shall we leave it to the pakage
maintainer? (I prefer the first option)

b. Where should the compiled files be placed? Should all they be
placed in the architecture dependent folder created at installation
time?

Thanks

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal