Re: how can I know if my windows installation is OK?

From: nitnit
Subject: Re: how can I know if my windows installation is OK?
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 23:03:24 -0800 (PST)

You can ignore all these messages.
Here is a short explanation:

    warning:
C:\Octave\3.4.3_gcc-4.5.2\share\octave\packages\integration-1.0.7\PKG_ADD:
possible Matlab-style short-circuit operator at line 9, column 32

This is a warning about interpretation of logical operators (on scalars) in
octave which is slightly different than matlab's interpretation.

    io PKG_ADD: java classes has been found and added in
C:\Octave\3.4.3_gcc-4.5.2\bin
    io PKG_ADD: run chk_spreadsheet_support([],3) to view io support

These are messages from java package about loading of java classes that have
been found and how to manually run a statement which will display its
capabilities.

    warning: gmsh does not seem to be present some functionalities will be
disabled
    warning: dx does not seem to be present some functionalities will be
disabled

These messages are about missing external tools which may reduce some of the
functions of some packages. These external tools are not provided by the 7z
archives in sourceforge.

    warning: function
C:\Octave\3.4.3_gcc-4.5.2\share\octave\packages\statistics-1.0.10\fstat.m
shadows a core library function

This is a message about fstat function of the statistics package that
overloads the old (to be deprecated) fstat function of octave-3.4.3

Nitzan