Re: error: feval: function `unimplemented' not found

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: error: feval: function `unimplemented' not found
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 16:00:20 -0500

On 16 January 2012 14:40, Mikey G <address@hidden> wrote:

> Even though this is totally my fault, I can't help but think that it
> was so easy to cause this problem.  I imagine that adding a path to
> one's mfiles is a common first task for new Octave users, and I bet
> that many have done this as well and were left baffled.  I'd like to
> make a suggestion from my noob persepctive, and that is to simply
> put a warning at the prompt before deleting all paths so that a noob
> such as myself will catch our error, or even some text saying that
> the default paths were overwritten.

I'm all for making it more difficult for n00bery to ensue in harm or
confusion.

Just to make sure I understand, you used "path" instead of "addpath",
and this deleted Octave's default search path? And you would like this
to emit a warning?

If so, kindly file a feature request bug report, perhaps linking to
this discussion, and someone (perhaps you!) will hopefully get around
to it.

- Jordi G. H.