Re: Subplot and Legend

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Subplot and Legend
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:16:02 -0400

On Apr 18, 2012, at 3:04 AM, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have been trying to make one legend for a set of subplots.
> The function legend creates a legend hose position is fixed to the
> current axes. Therefore I tried creating an additional axis that cover
> the whole figure and add the subplots inside.
> It doesn't work cause the legend's contents are also connected to the axes.
>
> Is there anyway to move freely the legend inside the figure
> (independent of the axis created by subplot)?
> Is it possible to resize the box containing the legend? (in case
> 'otientation' 'horizontal' and subplots, the legend can use several
> lines, which in a whole figure context wouldn't be necessary)
>
> Thanks

Juan,

There is a patch in progress to support Matlab's copyobj.

        https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?7752

For now, the listeners associated with the copied object will not be copied.
Thus, it should be possible to use copyobj to make a duplicate of the legend
axes object and then place it where you like by changing it's "position"
property.

Ben