Re: Loading Excel files

From: Mark Lytle
Subject: Re: Loading Excel files
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:38:10 -0700 (PDT)

Arman,

For a quick and dirty transfer, if you have data on your spreadsheet in columns, I have been able to copy and paste from the spreadsheet columns into the Octave editor, without problems from OpenOffice, I would assume Excel would not cause any problems with this method.  it makes for an ugly script file, as some of my data streams have over 600 entries. So I quickly change them, and store them as matrices and delete the original, rather long and ugly, data stream and script.  I place a "x=[ at the top", or (x and y for two data variables) and a "];" at the end, then another line the converts it to a matrix and saves it, this way:

save stockdat.mat x y;

and then once the matrix is named and saved, delete the file that created it...

Hope that is helpful...