Re: Octave inputParser

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Octave inputParser
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:54:55 -0400

On 19 April 2012 13:44, Aki Vehtari <address@hidden> wrote:
> If I understood correctly, the current implementation of classes in
> Octave does not allow same syntax as in Matlab?

Matlab has two kinds of classes. Old-style classes that use
@subdirectories/ @named/ @like/ @this/ and new-style classes that are
defined with the classdef keyword. If the code you care about uses
classdef, this won't work with Octave yet.

> Do you have information about whether it is in the near future
> possible to have the same syntax in Octave as in Matlab?

There is a growing proposal (i.e. money) to implement classdef classes
in Octave. If you care enough about classdef support and you have the
means to fund development for this, please let me know so we can pool
your money into this effort.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.