Re: emacs

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: emacs
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 14:14:56 -0400

On May 4, 2012, at 11:14 AM, Gregorio Rubio Navarro wrote:
> Ben Abbott <address@hidden> escribió:
>
>> On May 4, 2012, at 4:03 AM, Gregorio Rubio Navarro wrote:
>>
>>> I think there is a problem with emacs in octave-3.4.0-i386.dmg. It does not
>>> work well (at least in a Mac with  Lion). Can any one help me?
>>>
>>> Gregorio Rubio
>>
>> Did you install emacs ?
>>
>> Is that the editor you prefer ?
>>
>> Ben
>
> No, this is not the editor I prefer. But the dmg comes with emacs, and this
> emacs does no work (or at least I do not get it to work well). I would like
> to change the editor,  in fact I tried, but I could not.

Emacs is not included in the dmg.

If you'd like to use emacs, then you'll need to install it.

           http://emacsformacosx.com/

If you'd like to use another editor, first see "help edit" to understand how to
change the default. If you can tell us what editor you'd like to use and how it
may be started from the terminal command line, we can help you change the
default.

Ben