callback functions for line object?

From: Antti Nissinen
Subject: callback functions for line object?
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 01:18:58 +0300 (EEST)

Hi!

I have been trying to get callbacks to work for a line in a figure since we
have a need to get line handles picked up from the figure interactively (using
Octave3.6.1_gcc4.6.2, windows 7 32bit)

The manual says:

"
15.4.4....

The basic callback functions that are available for all graphics objects are

- CreateFcn This is the callback that is called at the moment of the objects
creation. It is not called if the object is altered in any way, and so it only
makes sense to define this callback in the function call that defines the
object. Callbacks that are added to CreateFcn later with the set function will
never be executed.
- DeleteFcn This is the callback that is called at the moment an object is
deleted.
- ButtonDownFcn This is the callback that is called if a mouse button is pressed while the pointer is over this object. Note, that the gnuplot interface does not respect this callback. "

I have been trying the following procedure:

* Create a simple callback function to detect triggering of callback funtion

function mycallback (src, data)
      fprintf ("Callback activated...\n");
endfunction

* Create a simple graph and get a handle for the line:

h=plot([3,2,3,4,2])

* Setting the callback function for the line

set(h,'ButtonDownFcn',@mycallback)

Now clicking the line does not fire the callback??

On the otherhand if I will use the DeleteFcn callback it works correctly

set(h,'DeleteFcn',@mycallback)

=> String is printed on the screen when delete(h) is applied.

So what am I missing or misunderstanding with ButtonDownFcn callbackfunction?
Thank you already beforehand for your help!

BR, Antti Nissinen