Re: upgrading in same installation dir?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: upgrading in same installation dir?
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 12:01:41 -0400

On 11 May 2012 11:55, Dan Muresan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Interesting; doesn't liboctave preserve ABI compatibility within a
> major release cycle? If so, then what else could break an installed
> package?

If you're following the development (default) branch, we break ABI all
the time. On the stable branch, we try to keep stability, except when
we merge default to stable. This only happens when we're making a new
major release.

If you're interested in discussing the development branch, bring it up
in the maintainers' list.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.