Re: Tikz backend

From: Miguel Bazdresch
Subject: Re: Tikz backend
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 18:53:09 -0500

On 05/10/2012 06:49 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:
On May 10, 2012, at 1:48 AM, Reza Housseini wrote:

Hi,

I've recently found this talk about the tikz backend Søren programmed. Because
I think this is a very elegant way to produce plots out of octave, I wanted to
ask if there is any progress in this direction? I've attached the latest source
of the code I found.
Reza

Nico Schloemer has written an implementation that supports most plots (I think
there are still some 3D features missing).

        http://win.ua.ac.be/~nschloe/content/matlab2tikz

        https://github.com/nschloe/matlab2tikz

Last year he modified the sources to be compatible with Octave.

Ben

As an alternative, my printpgf package allows printing with pgfplots, itself based on tikz. It's different from matlab2tikz in the sense that it doesn't try to replicate octave's figure exactly, but provides an interface to many of pgfplot's features to create publication-quality pictures.

Download package: https://bitbucket.org/mbaz/printpgf/downloads
Tutorial: http://2pif.info/tutorial/pgfprint-en.html

Hope this helps,

--