Re: Problem installing packages

From: notMyUsername
Subject: Re: Problem installing packages
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 16:17:00 -0700 (PDT)

O.K - in the event that this helps anyone who comes across this thread (I
know the optim issue has been moved to a dev list) - I was able to get an
older version of optim (1.0.6) working and it was enough to satisfy the
dependencies of the the packages I needed.  However there were problems with
the older version of optim too, but they seemed fixable.

First there appears to be an extraneous "end" statement on line 109 of
brent_line_min.m (right before "nev++").  That or whatever it ended is
missing.   I just commented it out.

Second, polyconf.m needs to have an "end" added to the end of the
confidence() function (the very end of the file) otherwise 'pkg install'
complains that "inconsistent function endings -- if one function is
explicitly ended, so must all the others".

Fixing those two things allowed me to install optim-1.0.6 - Octave complains
about core library functions being shadowed, but what I need working seems
to be so...

Thanks to all those who helped!