Re: ginput + images

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: ginput + images
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 12:35:21 +0100

On 29 May 2012 05:26, rob_uw <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am using 3.2.4 on ubuntu 11.10; ginput works fine for regular plots. Same
> issue on a wubi/xp 11.1 installation.

You should be using a later version of octave, current stable release
is 3.6.1 (with 3.6.2 almost being released).

> p.s. I'm relatively novice with ubuntu and have preferred
> installations/updates with synaptic or software centre, in that's relevent
> [saw a couple older threads re Windows 7 issues but not on ubuntu, or w/
> solutions that looked applicable]

If you want to make the update by the software center then you should
ask the ubuntu maintainers to update the version. Ubuntu 12.04 also
came out with octave 3.2.4 (the next release should come with 3.6.1
though).

Carnë