Re: no fltk

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: no fltk
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 15:58:06 +0200

>> Fltk does not work for me on Debian.  Should I report it as a Debian bug
>> or it is still too experimental that bug should be reported?
>
>It would be interesting to know how it does not work...

It's a strange failure mode, I would not know where the problem is.  I
do

plot (something)
graphics_toolkit fltk
close all
plot (something)

and everything looks nice: the window appears, if I plot something else
it gets updated.  But it does not go away.  If I call close, or close
all, nothing happens.  If then I plot something again, the window gets
selected, the interior becomes freezed, and the frame does not go away,
not even if I close it by pressing on the close button.  Even changiong
to gnuplot (which works) and back again to fltk changes nothing: the
only way to make the window disappears seems to be closing Octave.

Before freezing, interaction with the winodw only works at the next
plot: resizing or pressing the G button has effect only on next plot
command.

At one point the window apparently captured mouse and keyboard input, so
I caould not interact with X any more and had to restart it.  So I am
not keen on using it again nless for experimenting :)

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.315.3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107