R: help on Octave

From: Pierpaolo
Subject: R: help on Octave
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 15:53:36 +0200

I'm sorry, I improperly used crash word. There is only the error message of
memory exhausted.
You had suggest me to use sparse matrix, I have to invert and multiply this
matrix (I read to avoid the use of inv function with sparse matrix),
furthermore I have to modify a lot of this elements. Is sparse array the right
way to use big matrix?

>This matrix isn't small. It would occupy approximately 4.5 gigabytes of
>>memory, if stored in full. This is more RAM than you have. Octave needs 4.5
>>bytes of *contiguous* memory available, so even if you had enough RAM to
>>store it, memory fragmentatiion might prevent you from loading this matrix
>>into memory.

Thanks a lot

Pierpaolo